My skin tends to get congested (large pores, white heads on my nose) so I like to have a deep cleanse at least twice a week. My goal is to have clearer, brighter and smoother skin.
So I’ve been trying out this Northern soap aka black soap from Natura Siberica and here are my thoughts…
Featuring highly absorbent activated carbon to draw impurities from deep within the skin. Enriched with unique and powerful wild harvested herbs and berries from Northern Siberia. Natura Siberica’s Northern Soap will leave your skin super clean and sparkling.
Filled with unique properties, northern herbs and berries have been known to be rich in valuable oils and vitamins since ancient times. Northern people have traditionally used them for creating medicinal infusions and elixirs to help them preserve health, amazing vitality and youthfulness.
Natura Siberica experts carefully studied and brought together the ancient recipes of the northern Nenec, Selkup and Khanty people and have used them to prepare a unique natural product
- Oblepikha (Sea-Buckthorn) Oil – Extremely rich in vitamin C, this powerful oil helps to regenerate the skin. It softens, tones, nourishes and improves skin elasticity.
- Limonnik Nanai – Provides protection against environmental impacts on the skin.
- Siberian Cedar Oil – Contains Vitamin E and Vitamin P, which help to moisturise and strengthen the skin.
- Flax Seed Oil – Has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Dwarf Birch Bud Extract – Moisturises the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- Northern Cloudberry Extract – Contains Vitamin C, Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids and has an antioxidant effect. It helps to improve the firmness of the skin and protect it from external influences.
- Bilberry Oil Extract – Improves tone and elasticity of the skin.
- Sakhalin Raspberry Seed Oil – Has antibacterial properties.
How to use
Wet the sponge with water. Apply the soap on dry face using a sponge, avoiding eye and lips area, massage gently. Rinse your face with warm water until all traces of the soap have been removed. For best results, use only once or twice a week.
I usually steer clear of any product that says ‘soap’ as they tend to dry out my skin, however as I’m a big fan of Natura Siberica I decided to give this one a go.
First of all the tub is huge so should last ages and it’s also reasonably priced. Once I opened the tub the first thing I noticed was the scent, it smells nice but it’s a little bit too much for me. The ingredient list mentions ‘parfum’ but I’m not sure it’s a natural fragrance as it doesn’t mention the source.
The soap is made of activated carbon (charcoal) which is highly absorbent. It acts like a magnet to draw out dirt, excess oil and toxins from the pores.
It comes with a black sponge for application, you’re supposed to wet the sponge and use it to scoop out the soap but I prefer to use my fingers to apply the soap, then I massage my face with the sponge.
After rinsing with warm water, my skin looked brighter and more radiant. I’m actually quite impressed, it gives a great deep cleanse without drying out my skin and I haven’t experienced any irritation or break-outs.
I’ve been using it twice a week and my skin is less congested and the pesky white heads on my nose have cleared up.
Have you got any favourites from Natura Siberica?
Have a blessed weekend.
*PR sample. All views are entirely mine.