I love researching beauty brands and trying out new products. There are so many innovations in beauty products but it is extremely important that these products benefit and nourish our bodies rather than cause us harm.
I’m a big advocate of consumers making informed choices so I particularly like to focus on how the brand got started, their philosophy and ethics and of course the ingredients used.
Over the years I’ve come to discover some amazing British brands. One such discovery is Skin & Tonic London – a British, organic and sustainable skincare range founded by Sarah Hancock.
After being diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010, Sarah decided to simplify her lifestyle and pay close attention to what she was putting into and on her body. She soon discovered that many of the products she was using were full of nasty, synthetic chemicals that were carcinogenic and endocrine disruptors.
She started making her own skincare products using simple, organic ingredients and later quit her career in TV and re-trained in Aromatherapy and Skincare Formulation.
Skin & Tonic London launched in 2014 with help from Josh (her boyfriend/partner-in-crime).
I love their simple approach to skincare – they create organic, sustainable skincare and use no more than 7 ingredients because they believe less really is more.
I also love their ethics. Skin & Tonic London…
– support, wherever possible, small and local British & French producers/farmers.
– source from Fair Trade women’s co-operatives in Ghana & Sri Lanka.
– are 100% cruelty free (they love animals way too much).
– strive to be as carbon neutral a company as possible; off setting their carbon footprint by planting trees in the Suffolk countryside.
– use 100% recyclable glass containers for our products and will soon be providing refills to save on packaging.
– donate 10% of profits to http://www.charitywater.com; providing essential, clean water and sanitation to those in the world who need it the most.
– recruit local people to work in their East London workshop.
I’m a big fan of coconut beauty products and after reading the ingredients on their Coco mask, I knew I had to give it a try.
This soothing face mask gently detoxifies and moisturises dry and dehydrated skin. Made with creamy Coconut Milk Powder (rich in lauric acid and vitamins B, C & E), cooling Aloe Vera and Kaolin Clay, it will leave your skin feeling plump and dewy.
Suitable for all skin types.
- Cocos nucifera (coconut) milk powder
- Zea mays (corn) starch *
- Kaolin clay
- Aloe barbedensis (aloe) leaf juice powder *
- Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil *
This product is suitable for Vegans. 100% NATURAL. 60% ORGANIC
How to use:
- Mix 1/2 tsp of Coco Mask with a few drops of warm water to make a paste. Massage gently onto damp face then leave for 10 mins before removing with warm water and one of organic cotton cloths (sold separately)
- Add 1 tsp of raw honey or yoghurt to the paste for a super hydrating mask
I enjoy using powder face masks as I’m a bit of a mixtress. This is a well-rounded mask… I’ve used it as a face mask, cleanser and hair mask and it is truly a luxurious treat.
Once you open the jar, you are hit with a lovely, fresh scent of milky lavender.
It is very easy to mix without any lumps. Don’t add too much water! I suggest you add water gradually (a tiny drop at a time) to get your desired consistency.
I like to use it in the morning as a face cleanser by mixing with water and massaging into my skin and following up with a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate.
I also use it as a weekly face mask treat, great for my weekend pampering session. I’ve tried it mixed with plain water or water and honey.
I gently massage into damp skin and leave in for 10 mins. It dries slightly and after rinsing my skin looks refreshed and glowy.
You know I love to show my hair some love and this mask makes a super hydrating hair mask… I simply mix with water and add 1/2 tsp of honey to form a creamy paste and then apply to damp hair (after I shampoo).
I apply my shower cap and leave in for 15 minutes, rinse and condition as normal. My hair looks and feels healthier, shiny and moisturised.
I’ve really enjoyed using this mask and look forward to trying out more products from the brand.
Have you tried any products from Skin & Tonic London?
Have a lovely weekend x
Disclosure: Products chosen as part of the LLABP. All opinions are entirely mine. This post contains affiliate links.