Now that I’m over 40 I have to address my varying skin needs. Luckily for now I don’t have to worry about lines and wrinkles, my main focus is to boost hydration and elasticity, revive dull skin, smooth and nourish my skin.
I have been testing out 2 products from Mallow + White aimed at over 40’s.
A little bit about the brand…
The founder, Joanna White, struggled with eczema and sensitive skin on her face. She kept it under control with prescribed medicines, but didn’t like the idea of relying on steroids and creams with potentially harmful side effects.
She started making her own skincare products and found fewer ingredients gave her a calmer, healthier, more radiant skin.
After 7 years of research, she launched Mallow + White. Now she makes 100% natural and cruelty free products that not only soothe and calm her skin, but help others too!
Mallow + White is all about simplicity. There are 6 ingredients or less in each product which gives you less chance of irritation, great for those with sensitive skin. Joanna hand-blends all of the products in small batches so everything is freshly made and stored in recyclable glass.
Packed with beautiful botanical oils, this cleanser strips away the day’s dirt with high efficiency and leaves the skin nourished, softened and conditioned, without any greasy after-feel.
A revitalising blend of frankincense and palmarosa essential oils combine with vitamin-rich and conditioning camellia, apricot and meadowfoam oils to dissolve the dirty oils from the skin, (including make up, pollutants and daily grime), and replace them with clean plant oils. Your skin will be left to breathe freely, feeling deeply clean and soft without the tight feeling of stripped skin.
- Meadowfoam oil, with rejuvenating anti-oxidant and restoring properties
- Camellia oil, renowned for its skin restructuring properties, and rich in vitamins, minerals and omegas 3,6 & 9
- Apricot kernel oil, rich in Vitamins A, B1, B6, B17 and E to help nourish your skin and retain suppleness and clarity
- Castor oil, containing strong cleansing properties to help draw the impurities from within the pores to the surface where they can be wiped away
- Palmarosa and frankincense essential oils, known for rejuvenating the skin and helping with skin elasticity
Tip: for an exfoliating cleanse, add ½ tsp of Revitalise face mask powder to the cleansing oil to reveal a glowing, radiant complexion.
I enjoy using cleansing oils and this is a fab one. It has a lightweight consistency and I love the calming and soothing scent of Frankincense and Palmarosa.
I simply apply a few drops onto my fingertips, gently massage my face for 2 minutes and then remove with a warm muslin cloth. It helps to gently dissolve dirt, oil and makeup and leaves my skin clean and nourished.
This gently cleansing pink French clay mask is 100% natural and made purely with 6 carefully chosen ingredients. As we age, our skin has different needs. In the Revitalise mask, each ingredient works hard to help even skin tone, soften and rejuvenate the skin. It will help improve skin radiance, draw out impurities and increase skin elasticity of mature skin, promoting youthful ageing.
Revitalise clay mask is a powder, and is water activated, multi-functional, and can be used either as a mask or gentle exfoliating powder. It is a great way to give yourself a mini facial at home, and is fresh each time you make it.
- Pink French clay is rich in silica, and gently and effectively draws out impurities while softening and toning the skin.
- French red clay is rich in iron oxide, and works to revitalise and improve skin radiance.
- Moroccan Lava clay provides a silky smooth coverage on the skin and helps draw out toxins.
- Organic Cornstarch is gently cleansing, soothing, and softening for the skin.
- Organic Hibiscus flower is rich in anti-oxidants, and is known as the “Botox plant” with powerful anti-aging plant actives to help increase skin elasticity and even skin tone,
- Palmarosa essential oil helps the formulation of new skin tissue, so is useful for regenerating the skin.
You all know I love powder face masks. It’s great that they can be freshly made and you can personalise them to suit your skin’s needs. This one is versatile and can be used as a face mask or exfoliator. I like to experiment and personalise it to whatever my skin needs at the time.
I normally add warm water and blend to a smooth paste and apply to my face, then rinse off after 2 minutes.
- To deal with congestion I replace water with apple cider vinegar as this helps to quickly dislodge dead skin cells and unclog my pores.
- To help deal with dehydration and give my skin a moisture boost, I add some honey, yoghurt or face oil.
- To use as an exfoliator, I mix with water and gently massage for 1 minute and then rinse with warm water. I do this twice a week.
It is deeply cleansing, drawing out impurities and toxins and leaves my skin beautifully soft and glowing.
I have truly enjoyed using these products and I hope you found this post helpful.
If you have normal-dry skin try the Restore range and if you have sensitive skin try the Soothe range. Available at LoveLula
Have you tried any products from Mallow + White?
Have a lovely weekend x
Disclosure: Products chosen as part of the LLABP. All opinions are entirely mine. This post contains affiliate links.