I’m back again to share another Curlee Box.
A discovery box of hair goodies for curly and kinky tresses.
Receive 4 to 6 gourmet hair products every month.
So after my disappointment at not being able to use any of the products featured last month, I was rather hopeful for a change.
I’ve now discovered they have added a new box option which is a Curly girl ‘CG’ method box. This new box will be the same as the original except they will swap any products that those following the Curly girl method can’t use.
So those who follow the curly girl method avoid products that contain:
- Sulfates – namely sodium lauryl sulfate & ammonium laureth sulfate
- Non-water soluble silicones
Now back to May’s box. This is what I received:
Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Flaxseed Recipes Purify Me Moisturizing Co-Wash Cleanser 355ml (RRP £6.99)
GREAT FOR: Chronically Dry Hair, Hair that is hard to get clean, Protective Styling.
No sulfates, which means it won’t strip hair of its natural oils. Our unique conditioning cleanser thoroughly cleans hair & scalp, while heavily replenishing with moisture.
How to use:
- Thoroughly wet hair, then work in a moderate amount of Co-wash Cleanser into hair, gently massaging into hair and scalp.
- Do not vigorously shampoo.
- For thicker, coarser textures that are prone to tangles, starting at the roots, shampoo by gently raking fingers through hair, all the way to the ends, carefully working through tangles.
- Rinse thoroughly, and then repeat to insure that hair and scalp are clean and impurities have been rinsed away.
- For best results, gently remove excess water from hair.
Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Flaxseed Recipes Soft All Over Multi-Purpose Oil 237ml (RRP £5.99)
Great oil elixir for all over softness and shine. On hair, it is amazing oil therapy that can be used as a hot oil treatment for damage control, daily, as part of a protective styling regimen, or as a finishing step when styling for shine and softness. On the body, skin achieves a healthy glow and soft touch when used in place of body lotion, or as a bath water softening treatment. For either use, this nourishing oil penetrates and invigorates the scalp and skin.
How to use:
- Use daily, or as needed.
- Apply a small amount to dry areas, including: scalp, hair (can be used on wet or dry hair), nails, skin, and face.
- As a bath oil, pour ¼ cap full into warm bath water.
- As a hot oil treatment for hair, pour a small amount into hand, rub palms together and apply all over hair from roots to ends (apply a bit more for longer or thicker hair). Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a warm dryer for 10 minutes. Remove cap, and then thoroughly rinse all traces of oil from hair. Towel blot hair, and then style as usual.
Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Don’t Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel 15oz (RRP £6.99)
This amazing styling gel gives beautiful stretch to shriveling curls, without flaking or caking.
How to use:
- A small amount can be used on clean, dry hair, but this gel works best when used on clean, wet or damp hair.
- Apply more for tighter curls and less for elongated curls.For Wash n’ Go Styles
- Apply as needed, raking through hair with fingers.
- Then finger-styling hair into place.
- Air dry or use a diffuser on a light setting.
I’ve had such a busy month and haven’t had the chance to try these products out. I’ve heard about Aunt Jackie’s and many have raved about it but I wasn’t overly excited. The products seem very affordable however.
Lottabody Illuminate Me Shine Mist 118ml
Enriched with Coconut and Shea Oils, this formula miraculously moisturizes hair, leaving hair soft and nourished with brilliant shine. It does not contain silicones and won’t weigh your hair down. The formula refreshes and conditions hair while providing instant shine. It is perfect for natural, relaxed or color-treated hair and can be used as a finisher or by itself at any time.
How to use:
Spray liberally on damp or dry hair. Style as usual. Use daily or anytime to refresh hair and add shine.
Lottabody Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk Sample + Hydrate Me Moisturizing Conditioner Sample
Lottabody as a brand is well known. I remember back in the day when my hair was chemically straightened, my stylist used their setting lotion. Those who received the Curly girl method box this month didn’t receive the samples so anyway I won’t be using these products due to the ingredients.
I’m hoping next month’s box will be a hit for me.
Have you tried Curlee Box? What do you think of this month’s box?