Ad: PR gifted products. As always I give honest and unbiased reviews of products I receive.
Hello September! I hope you are all keeping safe and well.
This year has brought more changes to our world than anyone could have foreseen. With more of us seeking solutions to help restore nature, health and a safe climate, becoming part of the organic movement this year can help make a world of difference. – Soil Association
Organic September is a month-long campaign led by the Soil Association and is designed to encourage more people to try organic as a way to promote and educate people about organic food & farming practices.
2020’s Organic Beauty & Wellbeing Week | 7th – 13th September 2020 is a campaign celebrating the power of organic and nature.
Working with nature, we can make a world of difference…
Making one small swap to your self-care routine is the first step to making a world of difference.
Go organic this September with Nourish London’s certified organic, vegan, ethically sourced and cruelty-free skincare range, powered by ingredients from nature.
Created by Dr Pauline Hili, a renowed organic skincare expert with over 30 years’ experience harnessing the potent power of natural ingredients. Dr Pauline Hili understands how the skin functions and has scientifically developed a highly effective and innovative range of organic skincare to bring the skin back to optimum health.
All Nourish London products are Organic, certified Vegan, Alcohol free & Cruelty Free skin care powered by natural ingredients.
The benefits of adopting an organic skincare regime:
The skin is your largest organ and much of what we apply is absorbed into the body. With organic formulations we are working with the skin’s natural metabolic processes to accelerate the development of healthier skin. The strict exclusion requirements (of organic certification) means that with an organic formula you benefit from the pre-screening of ingredients and so avoid a number of materials whose safety or environmental criteria are outside the standards. So why not get exceptional product performance without the unwanted optional extras? From a sensory point of view some of the most exquisite fragrances I have been privileged to experience have been based on exceptional quality organically grown oils. – Dr Pauline Hili, Founder of Nourish London organic skincare
As part of the celebration of Organic September, Nourish London has launched a new organic Antioxidant Peptide Mist to protect, hydrate, refresh and prep your skin.
Nourish London Antioxidant Peptide Mist (100ml | £22)
A multi-tasking face mist formulated with peptides to instantly hydrate, brighten, protect & calm the skin.
Daily skin protection powered with antioxidant turmeric, probiotic minerals and anti-ageing peptides, this facial mist reinforces the skin’s natural defences against harmful environmental damage such as pollution and oxidative stress.
Contains hydration-boosting hyaluronic acid and liquorice to brighten the skin & boost radiance.
A soothing blend of essential oils helps to calm the skin and relax the mind.
91% organic – Certified Cosmos Organic
Aqua, Glycerin**, Polyglyceryl-10 caprylate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (liquorice) root extract*, Curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract*, Pisum sativum (pea) peptide, Bisabolol, Citrus aurantium amara (petitgrain) leaf oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil*, Lavandula officinalis (lavender) flower oil*, Sodium hyaluronate, Saccharomyces/Zinc ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon ferment, Levulinic acid, Sodium levulinate, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder*, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin.
*Certified organic. **Made from mixed organic and non-organic ingredients. Naturally present in essential oils.
I love a good multi-tasking product and this product is packed full of nourishing ingredients to protect and rejuvenate the skin.
- Turmeric Extract: improves skin radiance & evens skin tone
- Liquorice Extract: helps brighten skin & boost radiance
- Pea Peptide: a potent antioxidant that increases collagen synthesis
- Probiotic Minerals: essential for skin repair
- Bisabolol: soothes the skin and acts as anti-inflammatory
- Hyaluronic Acid: locks in moisture and boosts hydration level
- Aloe Vera: soothes, hydrates and increases collagen synthesis
- Essential Oils of Petitgrain, Geranium & Lavender: calm the skin and help calm mind and senses
How to use:
This mist is a multifunctional product which can be used throughout the day on the face and hair. The appearance of the product is two-phase. Shake into one phase to activate.
- PROTECT & PREP: Close eyes and spritz over the face in the morning to refresh and hydrate the skin, as a primer before make-up application and to protect the skin against pollution and oxidative stress.
- REFRESH: Reapply over make-up during the day, as ‘a time for yourself’ if you feel stressed or tired, or if the skin feels particularly dry or irritated. This will ensure your skin stays hydrated and constantly protected.
Can also be used during the day on the hair to refresh the hairstyle and give a volume boost.
- HYDRATE: Spritz again before bedtime, under or over your usual moisturiser, to soothe the skin after UV exposure and for a hydration-boost that will help the skin regenerate during the night.
I love how it cools, refreshes and hydrates my skin while the blend of Petitgrain, Geranium & Lavender soothes the senses. It helps to relieve tension, balance the mind and promote a sense of calm and relaxation.
Nourish London Antioxidant Multi-tasking Super Balm (50ml | £32)
A super charged, anti-ageing multipurpose balm to cleanse, nourish & protect the skin.
Formulated using a potent blend of pure, natural plant oils and extracts, this cleansing and nourishing balm works wonders on the skin either as a gentle yet effective cleanser or as a nourishing skin treat.
Can be used as a cleanser, a mask or an intensive moisturiser from head to toe.
Packed with protective antioxidants, replenishing omega-rich oils & anti-ageing French marine algae extract to help tone and firm the skin and ease out fine lines.
78% organic – Certified Cosmos Organic
Macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Cetearyl alcohol, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil*, Cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil*, Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed extract*, Camellia oleifera (tea) seed oil*, Alaria esculenta extract, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Brassica oleracea (kale) leaf extract*, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil*, Cetearyl glucoside, Ascorbyl palmitate, Olibanum*, Bisabolol, Zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract*, Tocopherol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Citral, Linalool, Limonene.
*Certified organic. Naturally present in essential oils.
- CLEANSE & EXFOLIATE: Apply a small amount to fingertips and massage into damp skin. Pay particular attention to congested areas such as nose, chin and forehead. Dampen the enclosed organic face cloth with warm water and sweep across the skin to gently remove the balm. The cloth can also be used to gently polish the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- MASK: For an intensive nourishing skin treat, apply the balm to cleansed skin and leave on for 20 minutes or overnight.
- INTENSIVE MOISTURISER: Apply to the any dry patches such as lips or cuticles or apply onto cheekbones to give skin a beautiful healthy glow.
Another great multi-tasker that I enjoy using. The scent is aromatic and uplifting. It melts on contact with the skin and I love how it deeply cleanses and purifies my skin. It comes with a muslin cloth which is handy to remove the balm while gently polishing the skin to remove dead skin cells.
It also works wonders as a intensive moisturiser. I like to apply it to damp skin after cleansing to lock in moisture and nourish my skin. It absorbs well into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. My skin feels so soft and smooth afterwards.
I also apply it to areas where I tend to experience dryness like my lips, hands, elbows and feet.
A little goes a long way so it will last ages.
I hope this post will encourage you make a conscious decision to make ‘one small swap’ to your self-care routine.